Saturday, June 26, 2010

Joe & Steph’s MTG Poem

A week or so before his wedding, Joe Sola tweeted:

“I briefly considered trying to work as many M:TG card names into my vows as possible, then realized that Steph would castrate me in response.”

Steph (@omigodshoes) responded:

@tgijsola "I will defeat the Jokulmorder to gain 1+ life from your lovely Kraken’s Eye. You make my heart fly like a Soratami Cloudskater."

…then added:

@tgijsola Also, I won't castrate you, but MTG-laden vows require WAY more RenFair garb than I think you're willing to tolerate. Just saying.

Sola was clearly touched:

@omigodshoes words fail. So beautiful, should have sent a poet.

The ceremony ended up containing no Magic cards, but as a late nod to the newlyweds, I decided to show them it could actually be done. Here, in Magic-card verse, is the past, present, and future story of Joe and Steph.

(For those that don't know the Solas, for one of their early dates, they went to the Sasquatch Music Festival, where, during Neko Case's set, a freak hailstorm hit during an otherwise hot summer day. They bonded while hiding from the hail under a blanket. Also, they honeymooned in Las Vegas.)

ProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxyProxy

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Sola!

No comments:

Post a Comment